I generally eat pretty healthy stuff. Spinach and strawberry slushies for breakfast, brussel sprouts by the pound, and whatever else is trendy that I I’ll jump on the bandwagon for.
However………. I’ve been on a straight Klondike binge lately……
I can’t help but think they are the perfect dessert for these reasons:
- It’s basically “supporting local” because until 1970 they were only available in Ohio and Pennsylvania, and to this day all Klondike bars are created in Mansfield, Ohio.
- In 1982 they launched their “what would you do-o-o-o for a Klondike Bar” slogan, years before they had any idea how hashtaggable this is…
- Kanye loves them…And although Yeezus was recently STRONGLY petitioned to be removed from Glastonbury’s 2015 lineup… his support of the chocolatey goodness is enough for me.
If you were wondering what I would do for one? It might be a more personal conversation.
Eat up chums!
It’s heart month!!!! Hearts are hella-cool organs–by the end of your life it may have beat 3.5 BILLION TIMES. That little organ in the middle of your chest pumps 100 gallons of blood through your body EVERY HOUR. Simply incredible, and sounds like a lot of work, so you’ve got to take care of that guy.
If you’re feeling the after affects of your Super Bowl chow-down, take a hint from those big ol’ men on the field- put on some tight pants- and get active. Here at design school we aren’t known for our sporty lifestyles-we are busy dip-dying curtains or whatever…- We are, however, known for looking pretty hip, well usually. According to Mindy Kaling, my guru for all things, (and some other really smart gals) getting dressed to work out, even way before you work out, helps get you in the mind set to hit the gym. So we’ve gotten in the mode to wear our sexiest sweats to schoolio. So pump some iron to keep your blood-pumper pumped up. (what?)
ALSO- some tunes related to hearts, since, why not.
Sometimes Monday’s need a little oomph to get ya’ going. I pretend I am Eminem when I need to –Lose Myself– in my work. Here are the things Marshall Mathers and I have in common:
- Cool glasses
- We are both slim + shady
- We both like bagels. (Probably).
- We were both in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (this weekend).
- We’re from the Midwest.
This is how I dress up like him to really get in the mood. My mom said I look like a cat burglar, which by the way is someone who enters by climbing to an upper story, so she must think im limber.